Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Clients


Helen Keller, Miranda Kerr and Angela Merkel
Women of Power


Miranda Kerr
Australian Supermodel
  


Angela Merkel
Chancellor of Germany





Helen Keller



The Mash-Up: Three clients. One common theme.

She's got the world at her feet, the uncompromising radical sounds very rational but still goes by the most lofty of monikers. "What I feel most is humility..." she began, in enthusiastic acquiescence, both coy and coarse. "There are great expectations, often caused by selfishness and greed. I was so reluctant to do it at first. But I just felt like I wanted to do something with a bit more substance. It seemed as if I had been asleep and waked to a new world where the fact I am a woman is a bigger issue: it demonstrates a polymorphic prowess. But little by little my confidence came back, and now I am in the fight to change things. There are no female precedents for many of the rituals of power. I've had plenty of knock-backs, you can't take things personally.." she answers with firm finality. "Real happiness comes from within, from a fixed purpose and faith. Just because you might not be the look that someone's after, you shouldn't judge yourself. I've put those days behind me... the change is so dramatic to have a strong desire for power. It is in my nature to fight as soon as I see wrongs to be made right, though I may not like it and it's really frustrating to me at times. I don't believe you are simply born with the ambition to follow, no matter what the cost, no matter what the trials. We have to work hard, that is my goal. "




Sources:
Interview with Miranda Kerr
(by Farrah Butt, 9th Feb 2010)
http://www.madisonmag.com.au/news/interview-miranda-kerr.htm

Interview with Angela Merkel
(by Spiegel, 17th October 2005)
http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,380168,00.html

Interview with Helen Keller
(by Barbara Bindley, 16th January 1916)






No comments:

Post a Comment